- multi-transport,multi-encoding SOAP with ORB -
- (2010/12/19) Recent SoapOpera updates are now on SqueakSource.
- (2008/6/2) SoapCore 1.0h: Maintenance release.
- (2006/10/20) SoapCore 1.0: SOAP Encoding's shared values support.
- (2006/08/03) SoapCore 0.9: SOAP Encoding's shared values are now decoded correctly.
- (2005/11/18) SoapCore 0.8: M17N support. You can send/receive WideString. "Literal"
encoding support (Client only). Utility methods for registering services
- (2005/05/18) SoapCore 0.7: new installer now automatically resolves prerequisites. Colocation
support for optimization.
- (2004/05/03) OperaORB-native 0.7: It is an experimental version which shows OperaORB can wrap messaging
layers other than SOAP. I'll integrate it with SoapOpera in the future.
- (2003/10/10) SoapOpera0.6: actually no main added features, but small bug fixes. I updated the main
version number, because from this version, SoapOpera ONLY runs on Squeak
3.6+. If you would like to use SoapOpera in older versions of Squeak, use
- (2003/05/06) SoapOpera0.5 beta7 has been released. It is well modularized, so you can select 'client only'
or 'server only' or both in installation. SAR version will be available
soon. The server now seamlessly runs on Comanche and Comamnche NG. (So
SoapCoreNG is no longer needed).
- (2003/04/18) SoapCoreClient is available. I'm now repackaging SoapCore total packages. SoapCoreClient
is a client module that can be used standalone. The server modules (SoapCoreServer
and SoapCoreServerNG) will also be released soon.
- (2003/03/09) SoapCoreNG is available. This is basically the same as SoapCore, but runs on ComancheNG.
Older SoapOpera information is here.
SoapOpera is a multi-protocol, multi-transport SOAP with ORB, currently
runs on Squeak3.x
SoapOpera consists of two parts: SoapCore and OperaORB.
- SoapCore is a SOAP implementation for Squeak (including SOAP RPC).
It achieves some interoperability with other SOAP, such as SOAP4R, Splash/Spray, etc.
- OperaORB is a tiny ORB wrapper on SOAP (or some network messaging service layer).
Load the sar file to your Squeak. (I tested the installation in Squeak
.8 and 3.9)
- It is in beta, subject to change
- (Currently) SOAP Encoding is not fully implemented
- (Currently) Automatic object reference releasing is not implemented
- SoapOpera ver1.0h (2008/6/2)
- SSL version of SoapClient
SoapCore and OperaORB are licensed under the MIT style license.
Any feedback is welcome.